SCL // Rule Set
- This is a single elimination tournament format, with 8 teams allowed to enter.
- As a player, you may only participate on one team per season on any character you own. You may participate on the same team, with as many characters as you like.
- Tournament bracket seeding will be done by a neutral party, and will be posted as soon as registration is complete.
- All match results and decisions by officiators may only be contested within 5 minutes of the end of a match. All decisions regarding the contest are final.
- Teams can field up to eight pilots on the arena
- Fights are limited to 10 minutes. If a fight reaches time, the team with the most points remaining on the field wins
- If fight is tied after 10 minutes, the next ship destroyed will win the match.
- Intentional pod killing is not allowed.
- Each match preceding the final consists of a round of three fights, and the match victory is awarded to the first team to reach two victories. The final consists of a round of 5 fights, and the match victory is awarded to the first team to reach three victories.
A player found breaking any rules can be penalized to various degrees, depending on the severity of the offence. All penalties are incurred at the tournament organizer's discretion. Decisions are final. Penalties may be levied against a player or team and may include but are not limited to:
- Points deduction
- Removal from the fight
- Ban from competing for one or more matches.
- Ban from competing for the remainder of the tournament, and/or any future tournaments.
- The referees can call a match null and void or declare a result if they believe that one of the teams is not competing. This tournament is designed to showcase the talents of pilots and should be entertaining.
The following restrictions are in place after teams warp to the arena beacon
- Locking players before the match starts is NOT allowed.
- Activating aggressive or targeted modules before the match starts is NOT allowed.
- Launching drones before the match starts is NOT allowed.
- Moving before the match starts is NOT allowed.
- Boarding a ship during the match is not allowed.
Ships & Points
- Each team has 70 points with which to select their ships.
- Each team may have up to 8 ships on the battlefield.
- Teams may field no more than 2 of a given ship. This applies to specifically named ships only, and not ship hulls. For example, 2 Merlins, 2 Hawks, and 2 Harpies would be legal.
- Teams may field no more than 1 logistics ship including tech one logistics cruisers or frigates.
- Ship point values are as follows. Ship types not listed in the table are not allowed (see point 6 below for Tournament Prize ships).
- Battleship, Pirate Faction - 20
- Marauder - 19
- Battleship, Empire Faction - 18
- Battleship - 17
- Black Ops Battleship - 17
- Command Ship - 16
- Strategic Cruiser - 16
- Recon Ship - 14
- Logistics Cruiser - 13
- Battlecruiser, Empire Faction (Gnosis) - 13
- Battlecruiser (Tier 2) - 12
- Cruiser, Faction - 12
- Heavy Assault Cruiser - 12
- Battlecruiser (Tier 3) - 12
- Battlecruiser (Tier 1) – 12
- Heavy Interdictor - 11
- Tech 1 Logistics Cruiser - 10
- Cruiser - 7
- Stealth Bomber - 5
- Electronic Attack Frigate - 4
- Frigate, Faction - 4
- Assault Frigate - 4
- Interdictor - 3
- Interceptor - 3
- Destroyer - 3
- Tech 1 Industrial Ships - 3
- Frigate, EW Variant* - 3
- Frigate - 2
- Rookie Frigate, Pirate Faction – 2
- Rookie Frigate – 1
- All T1 and T2 modules are allowed, with the following exception:
- All Remote Armor Repair modules and Remote Shield Transfer modules are NOT allowed, EXCEPT on ONE of EITHER a logistics ship or a strategic cruiser.
- Faction, COSMOS, deadspace and officer modules are NOT allowed.
- Only ONE Remote Energy Transfer module is allowed per ship.
- T1 Rigs are allowed. T2 Rigs are NOT allowed.
- All T1 and T2 ammunition, missiles and charges are allowed. Faction ammunition, missiles and capacitor boosters are allowed.
- All drones are allowed, including Logistics drones. Augmented drones, which were previously banned, will now be permitted.
- Attribute Enhancers that give bonuses to anything other than perception, intelligence, willpower, memory, and charisma are NOT allowed.
- All Hardwirings are allowed.
- Boosters are NOT allowed.
- Cloaking is NOT allowed.
- Cap Boosters are allowed.
- The Ancillary Shield Boost module will be restricted to one module per ship for those pilots who wish to fit them.
- During a match, a team scores points for each enemy ship it kills, equal to the tournament points value of that ship. The team that has scored the most points at the conclusion of the match, or that destroys the entire opposing team, is the winner.
- If a team chooses to field less than 70 points, non-fielded points count towards the opponent's score.
- If a fight is tied after 10 minutes, the next ship destroyed will end the match.
Ships and Bans
- Team captains must be online and available to conduct ship bans 10 minutes before the start of each round of the match. At 44 minutes before each match if the captain is unavailable their team's bans are forfeit.
- Each team gets two bans.
- The way the banning phase works is as follows:
- The team which starts the banning phase is decided randomly
- All ships that are eligible for competition are eligible for banning.
- Bans are done sequentially in the following order: A - B - B - A. For example Team A will take the first ban, Team B will then take both the 2nd and 3rd bans, then Team A will finish the banning process with the 4th Ban
- Each ban has a time limit of 30 seconds; if no ship is selected within that timeframe the ban is forfeit.
- Each ban targets a specific ship type and not a ship class or other hull. For example, banning the Harpy would not exclude the Hawk or frigates in general.
- Teams should endeavor to have multiple ship setups available as bans may impact your primary team setup. No additional time will be given if teams do not have eligible ships available.